Child Benefit - SW 42

Print page

Child Benefit is normally paid to the child's mother or step-mother. If the child does not live with their mother or step-mother but lives with their father or step-father, Child Benefit may be paid to them.

If the child is not living with or being maintained by their parents, the person caring for the child may get Child Benefit.

To qualify for Child Benefit you must satisfy the Habitual Residence Condition. This condition affects all applicants regardless of nationality. For more information, log on to

Last modified:14/08/2014