What other social welfare payments can be paid with Guardian's Payment (Contributory) or (Non-Contributory)

Print page

If you are a guardian you may get a payment from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection in your own right and still get a Guardian's Payment for any qualified child living with you. However you cannot get an Increase for Qualified Child for any children for whom Guardian’s Payment is being paid.

A child for whom a Guardian's Payment is being paid may also get the following payments if they satisfy the relevant qualifying conditions:

  • Illness Benefit
  • Maternity Benefit
  • Health and Safety Benefit
  • Adoptive Benefit
  • Jobseeker's Benefit
  • Injury Benefit
  • Incapacity Supplement
  • Death Benefit
  • Widow's or Widower's (Contributory) or (Non-Contributory) Pension
  • One-Parent Family Payment.

Guardian's Payment and Fostercare Allowance are not payable together.

Last modified:20/09/2017