Homemaker's Scheme - SW 1

Print page

If you are getting Carer’s Allowance or Carer’s Benefit, you may get credits for the period of caring. These ‘carer’s credits’ will help protect your entitlement to benefits and pensions in the future. Ask at your local Social Welfare Office for details.

If you are not due carer’s credits, you may have homemaking years taken into account for State Pension (Contributory). When applying for a State Pension (Contributory) make sure you claim for homemaking years on the application form SPC1.

Last modified:13/03/2018

 Application Forms