Do I need to live with the person needing full-time care?

Print page

You will normally live with the person being cared for, but it is not essential. You may qualify for Carer's Allowance if you are a non-resident carer and can show the following when applying for Carer's Allowance:

  • a direct system of communication exists between your home and the person you are caring for, for example telephone or alarm system, and
  • the person being cared for is not already receiving full-time care and attention within their own home from a person other than you, the applicant.

In these cases, you must show that full-time care and attention is being provided to the person being cared for.

Last modified:24/09/2014

 Application Forms